I am 20!


Hello!
I have never thought I will be writing this!
I even have never imagined that I would make it to my 20 years! It feels so true now!
I am writing this only few days before my birthday, and deep down I know that it would feel so different reading this on the ninth of March!
I really don’t know from where to start, all I have in mind is that, a few months ago, I started feeling like I was a whole different person, with so many different attitudes, a different personality and very different perceptions, different interests and different people around!
I think that’s what they call “growing up” it feels so different, everyone!
I really feel like so many of you will understand what I am talking about! I can tell that so many of you have already been there, where they feel their life is just changing and they are fine with this change because they have a deep belief that it is going on the right side.
Coming to the point of analysing your whole past, to me it is 20 years! I really wanted to go back to my entire childhood and teenage.
It felt so unfamiliar! I have never had a wild childhood , I have always been a calm kid , I didn’t play outside as much as kids of my generation did, as for thoughts, I have never shared the same ideas as people and I have always been the square in a set of a thousand circles!
This made me go through so many problems as I remember, and until now I believe that the toughest feeling in the world is the feeling  of difference, not to go with the flow and be your own flow, it is such a pride to me that took me a lot of things, but now I am proud of all of it.
Looking back and forward I can see how much hard things I overcame, I must admit I am a strong woman by now, thinking of it: I have never thought I would overcome whatever things that happened to me but I eventually did! And that means nothing but the fact that I was strong enough to destroy all of these obstacles.
I have had such a heavy weight on my shoulders that I am not ashamed at all of saying, from being slightly bullied to being hated to being ashamed because of my size back in the days.
At a certain stage of my life my self confidence level was at a solid 0/100. I could barely talk to people or ask for things or even defend myself, I was a dependant person for a very long time. The journey was truly hard to stand on my own and fight it all. The road was full of roses, yet rocks, and “too faced” people!
It is such a funny thing now remembering people from my past and how I used to see them and how I see them now, I pity them in a terrible way!! Karma is a true savage ahah! It made of me someone that I have never thought I would be, I now can be me and do me , I gathered the courage to say no everyone! Always remember: never say maybe when you simply can say no.
And back on my body shaming, I remember this green-eyed guy who literally called me : Chambre à air , referring to the area gathering air in tyres, as I had a round face, a medium height and a full body .
I used to get red when I run, and get out of breath, everyone made fun of me because of that but no one actually questioned my health, which was troubled back then! Recovery was a mental process rather than a cardiovascular one, living with a constant fear of having diabetes or having a heart attack because I was described “ obese” by specialists. Starvation took a big portion of my life, I thought it was the solution, and I did myself worse, and luckily I got back before catching any dangerous sickness.
I then remember coaches putting me on the run!! I was running and running until I fall dead, headaches and stomach-aches; I had my heart literally burning for days, at the age of 13!! Where I wasn’t even supposed to make harsh physical activities because that would cause me a straight heart attack! But who cares!!
6 years later here I am! Fit and healthy , I can’t be more proud of what I overcome and how hard I worked on myself, how many desires I gave up on, how many people I am thankful I no longer have their poison around! And look! I am PROUD, just because I did things myself, with no help and no shortcuts, I cried and felt frustration; I felt lonely and not supported by anyone even the closest ones to my heart! It brought me to tears everyone!! It is so hard not to be supported by the ones you thought they would hold your back no matter what, but once you get where you want you feel thankful as no one interfered in your achievement, you will feel happy you did it yourself, on your own, what four or five or more people would have given you: you gave it to yourself, through will and patience.
I still remember the day one at the gym; I couldn’t do a single pushup! I cried as I felt sad of my very weak body, I did a seven minutes run on my first day at the gym!! I couldn’t do beyond, although I had my coach telling me that it is fine for a beginning, but I wanted more, deep down I knew I could do more! What I didn’t know is that it would take time, but now I know it, and I give myself full time, to perfect my work and accomplish things more professionally.
Dark November of 2017 was such a changing period in my life, I am thankful for all the bad things that happened in that month, as since then, I didn’t cry hard, I am only dropping tears, it felt back then like the world was going to an end for me and I never thought I would be able to restart. That word was absent from my mind back then, everyone!
Uh! Such a long way to come! Everything changed so hardly but smoothly and now I am achieving what I have wanted for so long, despite all the hardships that still exist, I am proud of what I did so far, I am proud of my self-love, my new attitude and manner of thinking, my hobbies and interests and eating habits.
I am so proud of the clean souls surrounding me now, I am really happy with my social media engagement and how I receive constant messages from people praising my work. I can’t be more thankful. I now wake up to hope, even things are doing so bad! I try to think of alternatives, how to avoid this negativity. Fighting!! Because it all will end at a certain point, just as everything from the past, these things will become: The past.
I am really thankful for the fact that Allah gave me strength to continue fighting, I am really thankful to all my prayers that were heard and approved, and my love to Allah led me to loving myself, a small bracket everyone: never give up on your prayers, Allah hears us all the time, and he is so close, just call him with a clean pure heart and you shall see how merciful and powerful he is.
I know this is already so long; I am letting my heart out, really!
I won’t put this text under any sort of second reading or grammatical rectifications , what matters for me is that my feelings would get neat to anyone reading these words, I really hope you would find hope and inspiration in this. And to anyone feeling unmotivated and lost, believe me the way is still long to go, and these hardships are just the surface of the thing, you have to dig deeper to see what the real drill is, believe in yourself, and love yourself.
Don’t love anyone unless you are sure you gave yourself what you truly do need, attention and affection, trust and belief. Once you touch all of that in your soul, you shall embrace whatever else. And to me, I decided to embrace souls now, not people.
I shall take no guy for a lover as I know now how things would turn in a blink of an eye. I will admire beauty, music and nature; I would admire my blood, sweat and tears. I shall make these three my pride in life.
I shall bleed to get what I deserve
I shall sweat to taste sweets
And I shall cry of pain, because just as I said, and believe: a place worth being in doesn’t have shortcuts.
____________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoy this very long blog post, I thank you so much for your interaction with my last post, it means the world to me , Bless you all. This pushes me always to do better and better every time.
I love you all. Randa.
_____________________________________________________________________________

 DON'T HESITATE TO JOIN ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA :

Instagram : @randadriss
Twitter : @Randa_Driss
Snapchat : @randamd

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

24 Lessons in 24 Years 💛

"Nevertheless,..." is the reason why I am single by choice … (a kinda deep analysis)

Ramadan Routine [Quarantine Edition]