How To Be Productive?


Hello dear Readers! It’s been a while right?
Summer has gotten me super lazy I know... but I am trying to develop new habits and a new routine and probably I’ll write about it next? Hehehe who knows! (winks)
Today I’m gonna be talking about a topic that you guys have asked me a lot about. Either on my facebook page or through IG DMs [I leave the links to my social media at the end of my article if you wanna follow me]. Let me break it to you then: today’s topic will be: PRODUCTIVITY!
Probably you got it from the sort of thumbnail I tried going with ( I know it looks super cheap but it’s my first time so I shall use better apps in the future to make something more professional )
Productivity is a topic about which I wanted to speak since forever but I actually wanted to take my time in order to gather my ideas and pick the most important ones. More specifically, today I will be talking about what I do to keep my productive spirit high. Mind you that these procedures or even ideas are very personal. What may work for me might not work for you. But please try to at least find some use in them! I know that not every single thing can succeed at 100% for everyone but you can get some inspiration and come up with your own methods that would work fine!
Without any further ado... let’s get to it!!
__________________________________________________
1/ Clean Space and Clean Mind:
“Great leaders start their day by doing their bed!” I once watched a video of a military man where he emphasized the idea that says: do your bed before you start anything else. Personally, I think that doing your bed first sets you for the day! At least, you won’t go back to sleep after doing your bed and putting all those pillows on it! (That’s what I tell myself actually). But on a serious note though, it’s not only about your bed or room. It’s all about having a clear space where your ideas can eventually grow and be finalized. It can be doing your room, desk, work place yet most importantly your mind.
Setting a state of mind where your thinking is positive will certainly let your ideas find a healthy environment to flourish. I think that validating the bad things that happen to us is what leads us to move on from them and fetching an alternative which in this case is positivity and productivity . It is crucial to ask ourselves why we are doing this or that thing in the first place. Everyone should know why they are doing what they are doing. Looking for that one consistent motive will be on the long run, a source of motivation. Because the ultimate goal would become: how to do great at the things we love to do.
Another idea (which I had to do that as homage for the couple of years that I have spent cherishing my dear body) is to keep a healthy diet! This might sound off to so many people but for me, it was a revolutionary progress. Think of it as a mathematical equation (yes I suck at maths but it’s an exact science so) if you give your body what it needs as nutriments, your organs would operate perfectly! Which will not be a burden for your brain later! (Fetching what you might be lacking regarding how the brain is the processor of our body!)  Leaving a room for those creative ideas to shine and expand! Trust me, a hydrated body, a relaxed brain and a flat stomach would do you nothing but giving you some cool energy to go and rock whatever!
2/ Plan Ahead:
Planning has such  therapeutical virtues if it turns into a regular habit. It would help you be more organized and will enable you to measure the progress of anything you do. In the terms of setting your To Do list which would mainly consist of your big tasks of the day that you eventually will have to accomplish. Journaling will allow you to use your time more efficiently as well as appreciating the things you accomplish (progress). Some of the sections that I think are important for any journal or planner are the To Do list sheet/ the Reflection sheet / the habits and the mood trackers.
Sectioning your planner is entirely up to you. But as someone who has been journaling for a couple of years now, I think that I section my journal depending on what I am feeling. Sometimes I skip some pages and sometimes I would just include them. For example, I might add or eliminate some habits from my habits tracking sheet just because I can’t fulfil them that month. And other times, I might just bring them back or add new ones to motivate myself do them. As you all may know, habits usually take around one month to form. So I tell myself that if I stick around doing something at a constant pace for one month, I would probably be doing it mechanically from that month on.
But after all, your journal should have your own ideas and your own self. Do not try to copy or re-create someone else’s work unless you are to be following the same habits or set up or whatever. I think at this moment that for me, my bullet journal is just my little escape where I practice my very poor artistic skills and just take time witnessing them change and improve.
3/ Focus on Doing more than Perfecting:
We all tend to seek perfection. Although “perfection” does not have an exact meaning, it rings a certain bell among each one of us. It’s basically our constant desire to do things in the best way. or at least what we think is the best way. However, focusing on how perfect a certain product would end up being might have a lot of drawbacks. One of them is that the idea might end up “expiring” and used by someone else who might get a huge appreciation for it. Because yes!! Ideas fly from one person to the other. An idea is a sort of an abstract business in my opinion. It needs investors! And if you’re not available or ready to invest your efforts to embody it that it will just go away. Looking for another investor! Perfectionism may be triggered by insecurity. Allow me to explain: most of the time when we are in the midst of doing something (a presentation / assignment / project…) we think a lot about what others might “think” of our work. We then will start trying to do the greatest things ever just for the sake of blowing their minds away. Just to prevent them from giving a negative comment about our production. In this case, the interest is shifted from doing your best at something to satisfying other people’s eager to see extraordinary things ( which let’s be honest: creativity is really edgy and most of the time overdoing something might just end up super bad.) the problem lies in here! The shift of focus would do nothing but kill your OWN print in your OWN work! Since it’s basically no longer done to represent you but to please to others. So, it’s super important to sit and think of what you would like to see yourself 8doing with your own production. There is nothing wrong with getting inspiration from other people. Yet, do your things in your own way. It would make them nothing but unique and original. Your signature item!
4/ Reflect upon Yourself:
I decided to leave this part until the end just because I thought it’s a little personal.
It’s about having your own space where you evaluate your own evolution. Whether through meditation, or writing things down on a notebook, or even tabulating statistics on Excel. Do whatever you’re comfortable with! The point isn’t just plain analysis of your progress. But rather teach you how to appreciate your own efforts. Through this, you would learn that it’s not about looking straight up to the horizon. but rather appreciate the baby steps that got you there. It is absolute motivation to look back at how far you have come. Even if some hardships might occur, look back! Again!  Certainly, the whole road wasn’t all rosy now was it? You’ll just understand that it’s another hard way to get to something super big. I am al about appreciating what you have already accomplished. Don’t beat up yourself just because you cannot reach your ultimate goal. It would never be missed by half right? You would have at least crossed half of the road towards it! So just be patient and keep going! The harder things get, the closer you are. So hang in there. No matter what. Just hang in there.
___________________________________________________
YAAAAY !!
I really had fun writing this blogpost you guys!! I wanted to film it, but I didn’t wanna post a trashy video! It’s not that I am waiting to perfect it, but it’s just me not liking my own product. I always want to deliver quality content and most importantly: something I would be happy with. I seriously put to the side how accurate my grammar or writing skills would be. I do this to help people read about ideas they probably can’t transform into words! So here I am! Doing it on their behalf! I never wanted my texts to be super neat yet empty of feelings. And I am super grateful for your appreciation. Your messages mean the world to me! The fact that I got internationals reading my texts and telling me how relatable they are makes me feel appreciated. And it’s an awesome feeling! So thank you from the bottom of my heart …
I had to tell you this because y’all have been super nice to me (cries in Gucci)
I hope to find you all healthy and happy in my next one. I love you so much. (♥)
____________________________________________________


Please like my Facebook page for updates about this blog content. It is at:

Also feel free to follow me and DM me on Instagram at: areum_98_ 




Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

24 Lessons in 24 Years 💛

"Nevertheless,..." is the reason why I am single by choice … (a kinda deep analysis)

Ramadan Routine [Quarantine Edition]