What's in my Lunch Bag?




Hi beautiful people! I hope you’re doing great!!
      I am doing just fine! I started my training this month and things have been a little messy but don’t worry! Everything is under control hehe! I had to keep it so, otherwise, I would feel so bad about myself and start going through those phases of anxiety of mine lol! As a TMI of the month: I have become ATINY (a Stan of ATEEZ)!
I think for y’all who follow me on social media (I leave my handles at the end of every blog post so feel free to follow me!) I am a huge fan of Kpop and I listen to a lot of music. I am super picky but ATEEZ spoke to me right away and I just can’t stop watching their content and listening to their songs! And as a second TMI, my bias is Songhwa and my bias wrecker is San! But I love everyone else so much and they’re so dear to me!! Please check out their music and give them lots of love!! 

      That was such a long intro!! But today’s topic is actually super chill! So make yourself comfortable and let’s get it ~
      You guys have been constantly asking me about my nutrition routine and stuff like that. Especially those of you who follow me on IG, where I upload daily stories and some days I share with you some lunch box content! Some of you ask me a lot about it and I am really sorry for taking so long before posting something regarding this matter! But today is the day when I’ll be answering y’all’s questions and I hope you find that useful!
                                          _____________________________

        So mainly, my lunchbox has two meals: one snack that I usually eat at around 5pm and my lunch that I eat at around 11am.  I carry my lunch in a thermal lunch bag (a bag that is supposed to keep food warm for a certain period of time). I store my meals in some plastic boxes. Although I know plastic isn’t the best thing but that’s what I can afford so far lol! I am seriously saving up money to get glass storage boxes! If I am to tell you about all what I carry in my lunch bag that would be:
Boxes of food / a disposable fork/ spoon and knife. Handkerchief and another napkin that I use to cover the table (for mere hygiene reasons since the tables at the school refectory aren’t really clean!) and that would make it everything!
                                  _______________________________
      Now on to the content which is the juicy part of this whole thing hehe!!
I will start with my snack box first because the process is a lot easier and it takes less time to make it. I usually grab nuts (25g) [I want to emphasize that my eating programme has been designed by a professional coach. What is designed for me would eventually respond to my needs and not to everyone else! Make sure you consult a professional for your own wellbeing] along with a fruit of choice. It is usually a mandarin or half an orange / half an apple or half a banana. If my day is long, I add up some more carbs just because I have the condition where my blood glucose goes low quite often getting me shaking and feeling super cold. This is just me lol and for that case I add one oatmeal pancake which usually weighs around 30g.
For my lunch box which is the big boy in here!! As you all know, every big meal must have three big components. I call it the Mercedes effect (based on the fact that the Mercedes logo has some three portions lol) it is: carbs, proteins/fats, and veggies. 
What I usually do is: boil some rice or pasta (I don’t grab potatoes because my stomach is very sensitive to cold potato. I can get a bite and have my stomach burning for the rest of the day TT). Recently, I have been enjoying “Burghul” very much! It is very tasty and filling. I don’t feel hungry at all whenever I have it for lunch! I accompany it with some fried veggies (I go for green stuff usually because that’s what I enjoy the most (green olives sauce / cabbage sauce/ green beans sauce with some tomatoes and garlic). Also regarding side dishes, try to go for something that isn’t really caloric, so that you’d feel full but still get your body to consuming them really well. For example (the Algerian H’miss or the Korean Kim chi) [I have a full IG Highlight on how to make Kim chi!!].
You guys are free to choose the foods you enjoy the most and the foods that speak to you!! For proteins (my favourite talk heheh) I often go for water Tuna and eggs! This combo tastes really good (I literally am making faces as I remember how it tastes TT)
I don’t go for chicken just because I don’t like how cold chicken tastes!
     As you can see, I base my meals on what I enjoy and know I can eat even if it’s cold. Because food keeps its temperature inside the bag for an hour a two but I eat after almost 6 hours. Without forgetting how cold the weather is getting so please pay attention to that and don’t get your stomachs disturbed.
      One more thing for those of you who asked me about sandwiches:  I just don’t feel good with sandwiches. I don’t really feel full with just a sandwich lol. I feel like it has too much bread and very few other items which will never allow me get my daily needs met. So yeah hehe!
___________________________
      If I were to give some recommendations at the end: I just want to urge you guys to organise your time because daily cooking as such a hard commitment to keep. Some people often tell me “ they are too lazy to cook”. And these same people come and ask me how to stay in shape! Which often gets me like wtf is wrong with them? But that’s absolutely not our topic today lol.
Please give some importance to this task if you are to start preparing your daily meals because organization is the major key of success.
      Another thing is: try to always go for what you like and vary recipes so that you don’t get bored of eating the same food every day. Make a plan where you would write down ideas and make new things every time. Try to add up or change the sources of carbs and proteins. Cook different veggies every day until you would find what you enjoy the most and make it a go-to meal if you get extra busy or tired.
      Make your context enjoyable by grabbing colourful boxes if you enjoy colour! For me, I am an ARMY and purple is one of my favourite colours so basically all my boxes have purple in them.
Make the cooking/eating process fun and create your own food stories so that you enjoy it.
Previously and precisely two years ago I used to beg my colleagues to go to the refectory with me because I couldn’t eat on my own. On days when my colleagues were having their classes and had no one to go with me, I literally used not to eat anything for more than ten hours. And that’s not a lie at all! But almost one year ago, I started enjoying eating alone just because I cook my food and make it fun to eat. I take pictures of it and share them on social media. I think a lot when I am eating and I grew to be silent when eating and enjoy every spoonful of it!

_____________________________
      That would make it for today’s blog post! I hope you find it useful! Please DM me on any of my social media accounts if you need further information. Sometimes I feel really bad for not being able to give so many details but I am working on this very seriously. Thank you for making it till the end.
And once again, thank you for reading my content and for unconditionally supporting me. My statistics are crazy especially for I am a blogger. Noticing that people are still into reading instead of watching videos is something that warms my heart and keeps me going forwards!
This blog’s anniversary is in a month and so and I can’t believe it’s really happening!!
I will make sure to write something about it as soon as I get time... it’s all thanks to you guys!
Until next time guys: stay healthy and hydrated! I love you.


Please like my Facebook page for updates about this blog content. It is at:
Also feel free to follow me and DM me on Instagram at: areum_98_

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

24 Lessons in 24 Years 💛

"Nevertheless,..." is the reason why I am single by choice … (a kinda deep analysis)

Ramadan Routine [Quarantine Edition]