All about Bullet Journaling!!
Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing
great!!
2019 is
coming to an end and so the decade! It’s very funny how time is flying that
it’s sometimes scary! But I hope that all of you are keeping up healthily with
this speed pace! Just look after yourself all throughout the way and everything
will be fine!
I was
watching some bullet journal related content on the internet and I was like:
why not speak about it to my readers?
If you
have been following me on IG (which I leave my handles at the end of my
articles all the time if you feel like following me!) I always talk about
journaling and share some of my spreads with you and even talk about the whole
habit of mine in general!
You
guessed it right! Today we will talk about bullet journaling! I will be
answering the most asked questions regarding this topic and give my feedback
regarding some matters too! I hope you enjoy it guys!
Grab some tea or coffee and let’s get it started!
___________
So, I
started bullet journaling in 2018. The end of 2017 was absolute crap for me
that I wanted to start over and be more organized because deep down I knew it
would have very positive results on my mental health first and foremost. I
bought a very normal notebook and took notes of what I eat and my workout
schedules specifically. I was at the beginning of my fitness journey and I had
to keep an eye on the process. It was very fruitful and I felt very satisfied
with what it gave! One year went by and 2019 started! I fell in love with how
committed to bullet journaling I was! So that time last year, I was out doing
every stationery shop I could get to looking for notebooks and pens and Washi
tapes. I bought some stuff which I called “my starter kit” and called it a
beginning. I was very insecure about my spreads but I kept going anyways
because it was more of a life organiser for me that an aesthetic item! As
months went by, I was getting better with lettering and drawing! It made me
very happy to be able to come up with new themes for my monthly spreads every
time I try to doodle.
_____________
As you go
on with your bullet journaling journey, you’ll learn more about yourself before
everything. You’ll figure out about your preferences as an artist and what you
visually enjoy or not. For me, I learned about what type of fine liners is my
favourite, what Washi tape kind I should get and what markers are better for
each type of paper! It’s a matter of time actually.
One other
thing I want to draw your attention to is not to blame your lack of inspiration
on yourself. Your relationship with your bullet journal is going to feel just
as your relationship with any human being in your life. Your commitment is
going to be invaded by some moments of void and insecurities. Sometimes you
won’t be able to draw one item! Or you won’t even feel like it! You won’t feel
inspired to doodle or to write on it every day! I perfectly get it! Some of my
monthly spreads were very special to me, while others were just below average
because my mood wasn’t there or my mental health was just very out of it. Take
your time and make your bullet journal your home! If you enjoy writing or
drawing, do it in order to make yourself feel better.
Regarding
inspiration, I personally get inspired by watching a LOT of content regarding bullet
journals! I watch almost 10 videos per week so that I can gather ideas about
what I should go for and how to arrange it in my way. Don’t just copy things
and ideas without adding your personal touch to it. For example, try to doodle
something you’ve seen on the internet and add up little stickers to it, or
maybe change the lettering so that it fits your personality! Be free with your
bullet journal as much as you can!
This year,
2020, I am going to go with two bullet journals!! Yes folks, you heard that
right! I will have a ready-made one which [@little.pixelssm on IG provides
beautiful bullet journals so make sure you check her out for more details!]. Also,
I’m going with another one where I’ll doodle my own daily to do lists and
mental health trackers. I can have a separate space where I’ll talk about what
I include in my bullet journal! So please let me know if you want to read that!
The reason
why I went with two bullet journals this year is that I am going to have an
extremely busy first half of the year. I will be working on so many things that
I felt afraid I won’t be as committed to my bullet journal as I expect myself
to be. So I wanted a second bullet journal to facilitate the task for me. I
will hopefully spend less time creating themes for a whole monthly set up and
I’ll focus only on those small weekly spreads which can be made in less than
half an hour!
What matters the most is that your bullet journal
should speak you and represent you! By no means having a ready-made bujo would
make YOUR bujo another copy like any other one’s. For me, I am planning to add
up some stuff to it to make it look like it’s a “Randa” thing hehee!
Another
last thing I guess lol is: if you feel like you need a bullet journal in your
life start it. It’s a serious commitment trust me! It’s more than a notebook
and some pens and markers. It’s a whole other level of responsibility and
you’ll find that out as you seriously stick to our journaling habit!
I would
feel super bad if someone starts a bullet journal and deserts it in two weeks!
That would be so heartbreaking. Some people cannot commit to a planner and
that’s very normal and I perfectly accept that. But for the people who want to
start and do not know how or what to do, I hope that you’ll find this article
helpful and will let you figure out a little bit about what to do.
I am not a
professional artist and YOU shouldn’t be one to start journaling and lettering.
You’ll improve through practice and you’ll feel very happy about yourself.
You’ll feel it when you do well and you’ll just be more motivated to keep going
on and creating more and better stuff!! Just keep it up! Fighting!!
______________
I guess I
said it all hehehee! If I happened to remember an extra thing, I will share it
on IG [ @areum_98_ so make sure you follow me and DM me about anything and I’ll
answer!!] [Just make sure it’s a full message because I skip stray HIs and
what’s up and stuff like that].
Also,
don’t forget to check out @little.pixelssm for more than Bujos! She also makes
stickers and personalised journals, Polaroids and more fun stuff!!!
Please like my Facebook page
for updates about this blog content. It is at:
I hope you
guys enjoyed today’s topic!! I hope it did justice to all your questions and
thoughts! I hope to see you healthy in my upcoming updates!
Make sure
you stay hydrated!! Don’t worry though; it’s not the last update in 2019 just
YET!! I will hopefully come back with another post before the DECADE WRAPS UP
sksksksksk
Until next
time, I love you!

Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire