Insights on Developping Skills
Hello guys! I hope you’re all doing great!
It’s been a long while! I know!
First of all I want to thank you all for being super consistent with
checking out my content even though I was entirely absent on the platform. I have
planned so many contents for Ramadan but I was caught up in a terrible episode
of anxiety and it wasn’t as usual. However, I could thankfully overcome all the
hardships and learn how to cope with the situation. I will probably talk about
this on this blog once I feel comfortable about it!
Again, thank you very much for your endless support and very nice and
warm words. I will always do my best to be up to what you expect from me and my
content!
Today’s topic is something that has been requested from me for so long.
It took me a while to sit down and brainstorm and actually produce something
that is worth being put on the internet!
So today we will be talking about organisation and skill learning. I
will be going through some major points so make sure you’re comfortable enough
and ready for the ride!
___________
Being organised as we casually say can refer to being fully aware of
what you’re doing and what you want to do in the future. It can also mean that
you are in charge of everything and that you know what and when to do things
and how to schedule things as well! It is indeed a broad term that can differ
in meaning from one person to another. Organisation can actually be something
that is within you as it might be something you work on and develop through
time!
For me, I am organised to a certain extent! In the sense that I schedule
everything and track everything and audit all aspects of my life! I do that
through my various bullet journal spreads or even mobile applications. To me,
being organised is a part of my personality and it boosts my mental health very
positively. Other people face extreme pressure when they become the “pen and
paper” people i.e., start monitoring their life details! Another group however
finds the need to be organised as they sense that their life is passing by
without them noticing!
Most of my audience are college students and they greatly complain about
this aspect: not learning anything new and not knowing how to be organised!
I will attempt through this blog post to perceive organisation and
productivity from a personal perspective so you guys can have more insight and
probably relate to what I will have to say!
1/ Why is Learning a new Skill “socially” important?
Young generations nowadays believe that it’s all about achievements and
productivity. We always feel this urgent need of being up to date with all
those design classes or soft skills classes. Or that we have to speak more
languages and learn more about fashion or photography. This is what the current
wave is about! It makes people feel like the more they know the more “socially
valid” they become! This has pushed so many people to think that they have to
learn things instead of having a normal curiosity to learning something. This
motto has somehow directed people’s attention to earning new things to blend
within certain communities *sarcastically enough* on the internet!!
These people were not relatable at all in real life and were often faced
with dead pan faces!
Social media has another effect on people’s lives in terms of self
validation and evaluation. People share most of their lives on social media
nowadays as it somehow keeps people connected together. What people share on
social media is not necessarily what they go through all the time, but probably
the best of their days. This is called: the highlight reel; which is the
collection of the best events in one’s day or week or whatever. A casual user
of social media would feel invalid because of how someone’s highlight reel
might affect their view on their normal life. Normal people would think that
someone’s highlight reel is their life; and that their life is nowhere near the
“joy” and “satisfaction” this person is getting “on the daily”!
Globalisation has in short greatly affected someone’s sense of self
validation and pushed people to go extremely hard on themselves just because of
the inferiority they feel if they are not up to a certain community standards
of intellect and productivity.
2/ Why is Learning new Skill almost impossible?
In my opinion, most people who want to learn how to excel at new things
comes out of frustration and it, again, falls in that validation sense. Humans
compare themselves to other constantly. This comparison is not specific to a
certain field! It can be physical, mental, intellectual, etc. The fact that
some people see themselves through the eyes of others makes them try their best
to “at least” look a little like them to feel accepted and validated.
The process through which one person goes in order to develop a certain
skill can be hectic and mentally harmful. As I said earlier, the feeling of
lack and frustration would make people feel like they have to learn so much at
a short amount of time; which will result in an automatic failure. This will
lead to more bottled feelings and bigger frustrations and even worse
psychological problems.
As a teacher, I came across the concept of making objective quite a lot.
There is this kind of equation referred to as the SMART
objectives. SMART is actually an acronym
of 5 words that determine on which basis you should make your objectives in
order to achieve them.
The S stands
for Specific. M for Measurable. A for Attainable. R
for Realistic and finally the T for
Timed.
The acronym once dispatched is pretty much
self explanatory. But I would still give you an example of what a normal person
would say about something versus what someone who traces a SMART objective
might say.
Normal person: I want to build a fit body.
SMART method: I want to go to the gym twice a week and train for 45
minutes each session for 6 months to become fitter than what I actually am.
The difference between the two is that: the first one traced a big aim
without taking their circumstances not their readiness into consideration;
while the second one detailed what they want to do and achieve. This first case
tends to be the most common among people who want to learn a new thing or
develop a certain skill.
What you can retain from this is that the key to attaining any objective
you put no matter what field it is is to think well before setting unrealistic
expectation because they only lead to disappointment. We often hear the
expression “baby steps”. Go slowly and do one thing at a time. Set a SMART
objective regarding this thing and do not start a new thing unless the first
one is finished. The majority of people end up with a lot of unfinished tasks
and no matter how good their progress is, they won’t feel like they
accomplished something just because of how lost and busy their brains are
keeping so many things in check for an unspecific period of time.
3/ There is no Miracle behind Organisation:
A lot of “lifestyle coaches” gather people for so much money just to
tell them to “use their time wisely” or follow the “SMART method” without
telling them what actually goes down behind time organisation. Some people have
to learn how to organise their time but there is no textbook tutorial as to
how. It differs from one person to the other and there is literally no one fits
all option. It is a kind of epiphany that is very exclusive to one person.
Whenever you feel like it’s’ time to start doing something in a certain way,
your brain will figure out how. What most people need is guidance and not a how
to do tutorial because our life is not a 20 minutes process. It is a building
that goes very slowly through so much and it isn’t the same among everyone.
4/ Attaining Self-validation:
In this part of the blog I would just tell you to do what you love. We
have all been stuck in the loop of school or college for the sake of grades and
parents’ happiness and pride. Little did we know that all of this doesn’t
actually matter. And sadly, media was of no help as how to validate people (like
me) who’s life went by behind closed doors in the middle of books and
assignments. Reality hits hard sometimes but we have to deal with it because we
can’t possibly change the past but we can change the present. So I can’t say
anything more than do you! If anything interests you, go for it and set
yourself some SMART objectives to sense accomplishment at the end. If
nothing interests you then be it! We don’t have to be all doing the same thing
or under the same umbrella. If we were all writers, there would be no readers.
If everyone were intellectuals then there would be no one left to teach and the
balance of life would be messed up.
Do not force yourself to learn something if
you don’t feel like it is necessary and would stick with you for a very long
time. Set a list of priorities and sit with yourself to learn more about
yourself. I know it’s not fun to hang out with yourself because sometimes our
thoughts are a lot stronger for us. However, you’re the one person worth
sitting with to figure the situation out so at least do this for yourself. Self
awareness would enable you to differentiate between what is a “phase” and what
should accompany you forever.
Make sure you do all of this at an easy mind. Don’t go too hard on
yourself and remember that you don’t have to be good at everything to be valid.
We are all valid somehow and if this image of yours becomes a pain than it will
trigger very unhealthy things within you and I myself, as someone who casually
goes though this, would tell you that it’s not something you would like.
_______________
Sometimes I feel like only a group of people is supposed to go through
pain and run the extra mile for others. It’s just a need inside us that needs
to be fulfilled! (That’s why INFJs are only 2% of the whole world’s population
lol)! Don’t pressure yourself into thinking that this is what you HAVE to be
when it’s completely okay to be your casual self who lays on the couch 18h a
day watching series or reading fan fics! It’s completely okay and you are
valid!
________________
Anyways you guys that would be a wrap for today’s talk! I tried my best
to make it very casual and friendly lol. I want people to positively relate to
my content and feel that there is no need to go under pressure. Always remember
that someone’s productive side can be what heals them from pain before you go
and make it YOUR pain. We all were created a certain way for a certain reason
so enjoy your life as it is. Make changes when YOU feel like making them and
not because it is what SHOULD be done. Nowadays people are about looks and
achievements and the rate is growing in an alarming way so please protect
yourself from the toxicity. Your bubble isn’t the horrible place everyone is
trying to convince you it is. You can still grow in your comfort zone and learn
more about yourself and be a confident individual in who you are and what you
have.
Diving into the sea of the unknown and indulging in the pleasure of
discovering the covered things will make you lose yourself in the process and
not know where you stand anymore.
___________________
I hope you find today’s blog useful! Leave me your comments as always
[The platform supports comments so you can write them here] I had to mention
this since most people post their comments under links so.. hehet!
I hope you’re staying safe wherever you are. Make sure you put on your
masks outside!
As always stay hydrated and healthy and love yourselves!!
I’ll see you in the next one
Bye bye~
|
TMI of the
day: Guess who
just started stanning NCT? Fav unit:
NCT127 Biases in
127 (sksks): Jaehyun, Johnny and Yuta TT End of the
TMI.
|
Please
like my Facebook page for updates about this blog content. It is at:

Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire