August Life Update!! [COVID-19 PHASE 2]

 

Hello everyone! I hope you all are in the best of health!

      It’s been a long while! I know! I haven’t updated my blog in so long and it was due to many things actually! I got caught up in so much and this why you’re here!

      In today’s article I will be taking you through everything I went through in the past few months and as always we’ll be having a small discussion under each element where I talk about what I have learned and stuff like that hehet!

      Without further ado, let’s get into it!

      You all must know by now that almost all countries in the world were under lockdown due to the one and only Miss Covid 19!

      People were advised to stay at home and keep certain precautions and among them was the closure of schools and colleges and restaurants and so on. Technically any place where social distancing wasn’t “possible” would be closed until the virus slows down a little. Although I still believe it’s about the people and never the virus but whatever.

      Not going to college and performing normal daily life tasks was such a hard thing to take! At least for me! I am a super active person and I live by seeing the outside! I get inspired to either write or reflect or learn through other people. This lockdown literally “locked” my spectrum of life to a big extent. I will be talking later on about how the effects were and how I somehow managed everything!

      If you have already read my first quarantine article then you know that I suggested some activities that might keep you busy during quarantine! Well they served me well since we were still in the “quarantine” phase! Meaning that I personally thought that it could be enough for 40 days at home! Which by the way: I did not get out for 40 days!

      As days went by and virus situation got crazier, I had no hope that we will be having to go back to “normal” any time sooner. It was a little heart breaking to so many people. To me, it was so frustrating! I think that I am so bad at managing frustration! I let things get under my skin very easily when I feel so desperate for something! I was a little mad as well but being locked down at home I felt like the last thing I wanted was an inner monologue/fight with myself because I knew I would burn out in no time [INFJ issues 101].

      What I have come to understand was that I should have sat SMART objectives for my lockdown activities no matter what they were. I sat down again and had that talk with my brain thinking about what to do next!

      I have had many interests in so many things and that was an issue! I had to limit my scope and go for things that were easy somehow and that were interesting for me. I also talked about learning new skills in another article where I displayed so many opinions about the matter (check it out!).

            Again, art was that safe space where I could feel less anxious and frustrated.

       I started learning about new journaling techniques and grew really interested in them! I had to go for that hunt after rare stationery items that could make my spreads look good! I also had increased and interest in dancing and spent time learning many choreographies. I also finally made it to the world of TikTok !!! YAAS!!

      It was quarantine’s most popular activity and I was so excited to see what it is about that people love it so much! Now besides the musical trends and dance vids, TikTok is a really good place for small business owners! I noticed that so many people promote their businesses there! It’s also a good platform for artists, chefs, and designers!

      I am so lucky that I don't get to see irrelevant tik toks on my "for you" page!

I decided to use this app to share my bullet journal content as well as my art vids. My Instagram got a little messy so I cleaned (lol) my account a little bit and got it looking more personal. I also post tik toks about stuff I enjoy and some kpop memes or cute little robot interviews haha!

Definitely check Tik Tok if you’re looking for a fun place! Trust me, I used to think it was bad but that’s because I only saw the bad side of it!

      I also started learning drawing and painting! I am taking very small steps in that too and so far it has been a very fun activity! I usually draw in the afternoon whenever I feel sleepy or need a nap! It keeps me focused and it helps me clear my mind a little bit. I also tried embroidery for the first time in my life!! It wasn’t that easy to be honest as I do suffer from a minor dehydration in my eyes and I had to not blink and focus for more than 30 seconds which wasn’t the best thing but I managed this after the first time! I feel happy that I could create some little things on fabric and had my own visions about this art as well! It also had the same therapeutic effect as the painting sessions I have regularly now!

      As far as studying is concerned, I have been going through a bit of everything. I still have a huge interest in psychology and sociology. I however been consuming so many teen related content since I will Insha’Allah be working with teens starting from next year. I really don’t want to sound like a boomer at the age of 22!! I want to be updated on nowadays’ generation and try to understand it and have a clear idea on how to behave and what to do in certain situations! That’s besides some language, culinary, mental health classes!

      Now let me update you on my college situation! After months and months of hard work and obstacles I finally submitted all my graduation documents TT! I remember how emotional I got thinking about all what I went through while preparing for everything. I noted that I must share something about my training later on. It’s cooking guys. Just let me graduate and I promise to tackle topics like: the training and the documents and the dissertation. I’ll give y’all a very well brewed tea on everything!

      If you’re wondering about exams, let me tell y’all that I am having my final finals in less than 2 weeks TT. It also triggered so much reflection but let’s finish off everything with a banger! I hope I’ll be able to do my best and be proud! It’s going to be online and I am so excited! I want to relate to the world damn it TT! I really pray from the bottom of my heart to do well at them. As I wish the best of luck to everyone!

       I will be tackling you guys’ favourite thing! Mental health.

      Ever since I started this blog two years ago, I was very open about my mental health issues and worries. Even on my social media, I try to share related things and be of small help to everyone struggling. At least give them someone they can relate to and not feel like they’re lost and no one would understand. Lately and due to my dissertation, I had extreme anxiety. I don’t want to talk about it too much but I advise you to choose your supervisors very carefully. Do not accept whoever the administration appoints unless you know them and trust them. Back to our main topic, because of my constant unstable mental health I suffered from several anxiety attacks in less than two weeks. I would just snap and feel in pain but it’s not the physical pain (?) I don’t know if I am making sense but it was so much. I didn’t eat well anymore and sarcastically lost so much hair in the process. I reached out to professionals and it was a very good experience. I know not everyone can afford a therapist but if you can, please do. Please. If you know where your problem is, you’ll definitely understand it better and be less harsh on yourself. Lay men often advise people in poor mental or psychological states to “keep themselves busy”. It works for some people. It does to certain extent for me too. Do not overwork yourself through. But look for anything that you are passionate about and start doing what you enjoy.

      I thought I would leave this remark for a future article but please surround yourself with people you trust and who do not give you creepy or bad vibes. It is so important to feel at ease. Do not put yourself through so much and trust your guts. If you’re off beat with someone just run. No matter who they are. Do not suffocate yourself trying to blend with them when it’s impossible! I literally got to the extreme of planning how to not be excluded from a module yet skip the remainder of sessions for the whole semester because of how much negativity I was getting from one of my teachers! I am grateful for quarantine for this. For real.

      I feel like this article is all over the place but I feel like you guys owe me an explanation for being off for more than a month when we supposedly have “nothing” to do.

      When this lockdown ends, I would be super grateful for all the opportunities that it gave me. I can confidently say that all I ever needed was time. Now that I got it, I am happy that I used it to ride the rollercoaster of adulthood again. I keep learning and I can’t thank Allah more for this huge blessing. I feel so many beautiful feelings and it’s all thanks to Allah. I will forever be grateful. Al Hamdulillah for everything. Despite all the hardships, I feel so peaceful and aware. And again..  It’s a blessing I am grateful for.

      Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed today’s talk! It wasn’t scheduled nor planned! I just felt that urge to get to my keyboard so I did! I hope it added up something to your day!

Until the next time, take care of your health! I will be off for the rest of the month most probably as I will be busy with so many things! I will update you when I have the time to!

I love you so much and stay safe!

·          STREAM ATEEZ’  INCEPTION!

 

Please like my Facebook page for updates about this blog content. It is at:

https://www.facebook.com/RandaPerceivesBlog/

 

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

24 Lessons in 24 Years 💛

"Nevertheless,..." is the reason why I am single by choice … (a kinda deep analysis)

Ramadan Routine [Quarantine Edition]