Graduation, social Media and more! (September talk)!

 




Hello everyone! I hope that you are all doing well while reading this article!

I know that it has been a long time since I last posted. And since then, so many things happened.

If I remember correctly, the last update talked about taking online exams and the current lockdown measures and stuff like that.

Today’s article will be somewhat similar to the last one. I will basically keep it casual and cozy. It will be an overall talk about so many things I have been through and what I think about the overall experience.

I usually prepare a small outline for what I want to write. But today I decided to go with the flow and just deliver raw ideas to y’all.

So, if you want to take this ride with me then Welcome! I hope you find it cool and relatable!

Also, don’t forget to check out my previous life updates along with my other articles!

With that being said, thank you for tuning in and let’s go!

------------------------

The last major life event I had was my graduation.

No matter how hard I try to put my feelings into words… I simply fail.

It’s so overwhelming that I can’t find the exact words to put my feelings in a tangible written form to convey the felt vibe. All I can say, however; is that I am super proud of myself for making it.

This year was the toughest ever. I can’t talk enough about how my mental health went south during 2020. I have experienced a lot of bad feelings that thinking of them again makes me feel scared. But patience can solve everything. All we need to do is to hold tight and wait for the best to come.

My graduation was a calm one. No party and no fireworks and no extravagant celebrations.

I don’t like such stuff to begin with so it just fell about right! I worked hard though on my grad cap because I wanted it to have an immortal message. I saw a lot of inspo pics on social media but the messages were all very cheesy and empty of meaning in my opinion. I didn’t want to put a random quote that doesn’t ring any bells inside of me. So I went for something pretty figurative but with a meaning that shaped my current self for the past four years and I am so happy it turned out so well!

For the celebration part, my family members blew me some confetti once I exited the school and it was so meaningful as it revived a memory from when I was 5 years old. It was so simple and warm and I remember sleeping happily that night knowing that it’s all finished. I felt so relieved knowing that there will be no exams related anxiety, no fake people, no fake concern and no extra work and effort on things I don’t like.

I felt ready that I was going to get tired for the thing I love and enjoy. It might sound sadist but I was ready to go wherever with my work because I knew that no matter how hard it can get, it was going to make me happy. No matter where I get appointed or how hard it will take to get there, I trust Allah and I am sure that whatever I am given is what I deserve. And Allah is the fairest so there is literally nothing to worry about.

 ------------

Here is my graduation post/ statement/ name it however you like lol:

September 14th. 2020 is the day I graduated the ENS. I thought a lot about what to write or what to say. In fact, I have written pages and pages before trying to document every feeling I had. Little did I know that I would be writing more and more pages.

.

My graduation day was a simple one. I got up at seven, took my breakfast, put my clothes and make up on and left the house along with my family members. I went to school and tried as much as I can to stay alone to sense everything accurately. I am not the biggest fans of crowds and parties. I strongly believe that all adrenaline driven actions are ROBBED of pure joy. I also did not want to act like a hypocrite using people I never talked to as bushes for my grad pics aesthetic. Being calm allowed me savour every moment as it went by whether long or short. I shared some beautiful moments with the few people I met where we clearly stated that graduation is the beginning of great friendships! I took few pics in the school yards and received a lot of congratulations. I blew confetti and jumped of happiness. I went back home and had a lovely lunch with my loved ones. And as I was looking at my diploma and papers, all i could think about is all the people i met, memories i made and lessons i learnt.

.

.

Five years are such a long ride. We probably might have gotten consumed by life but if we just sit still; we get to see how useful they were in forging personalities. Sarcastically, this year of 2020 was probably the best of them all. I believe that it made me more mature, more educated, less reckless and most importantly less of a people pleaser. I will never thank God enough for this gift of quarantine.

.

.

The past five months have been the opportunity I have been looking for my entire life, to know about myself from all kinds of perspectives. I also learned that not only good things take time, but that faith can change everything. And that God is so close to me, listening to me and guiding me. I pray every day that I grow more and more of a believer in God. I can't brag enough about how God is my number one supporter. Al Hamdulillah. .

.

.

Now as I officially wrapped one big chapter of my life as I reached adulthood. I promise to never stop learning. College and degrees and grades will never give me justice! I will keep learning because it is a duty of mine as a Muslim. I will do my best to broaden my knowledge and understanding. I will do my best to be a good person and a good teacher for the future generations. I pray to be the hope they look for and the guidance they crave. Ameen.

.

.

With all that said, congratulations to every 2020 graduate! You all have been through so much but you made it! Rejoice!

.

Take your time reflecting and enjoy partying and celebrating your success. Let this opportunity be the gate to bigger successes. I send you all so much love and support.

.

.

Last but not least, to the soul of my grandmother Fatma: I hope you loved watching me graduate from above! I hope that you loved my 2020 birthday gift for you. You'll always be in my heart.

.

.

As I was born on a Monday, I graduated on a Monday and both days symbolise beginning.

May Allah accept all our efforts 🎓

.

.

.

-Randa.

------------

.

.

Another thing I did once I graduated was changing my facebook account that was open since 2011.

The major decision was that I would delete my account for good!

I was actually going to write a whole article about switched socials accounts but I knew it won’t be interesting to a lot of people just like some of my articles that didn’t get a lot of attention (mainly because the topics are not interesting to a large slice of people and that’s the only reason imo) .

I have been noticing that a lot of internet figures are getting “cancelled” because of their socials posts! It sounds weird but it’s true. A lot of fans or followers have the time to dig into someone’s account to bring out a random comment from 10 years ago to end someone’s career or ruin their reputation. I personally hate this attitude online. I feel like such people are so full of hatred that they leave no room for the others to educate themselves or grow. We all had some weird opinions at a certain point of our lives which we freely expressed on our socials. Little did anyone know that one day; their words from the past will be the thing that ends them and ruin them.

The close mindedness of some people will never allow individuals to grow and shape new perspectives. Not everyone, indeed, has to put out a statement to apologize for something they said or did when they actually moved from it and probably forgot it existed.

This pressure has eaten me up personally when I have seen some of my very old posts and how my opinions about the topics discussed shifted 180°. I still appreciate my past self because if I weren’t motivated to learn more, I would have never known what I know today and it’s all thanks to Allah from the beginning to the end. If someone is fine with learning from their mistakes, a lot of people will not probably leave them alone to explore and change healthily.

Besides the online opinions, come the people we know on socials. 

Accumulating a lot of content over the years can get ready overwhelming and triggering sometimes.

Reading tens of posts and comments everyday is a little too much especially when your brain is already busy thinking about tens of other things. I feel like what we are seeing is a little too beyond what our normal brains can take on a daily basis. Which often result in some psychological and mental problems.

I tried so hard to limit my sources of information but with 5000+ pages liked for over 9 years and 100+ groups; it’s almost impossible to do the purge.

The decision was a little scary and the move was quite big for me. But, I thought about it for a long time. I also announced on my former account that I will create a new account where I will try to audit my behaviour and I am so thankful for everyone who appreciated my move and decided to join me on the new ride. I have eventually met new people and let go of others (or they did). New chapters of life are always like this. I advise you all to take breaks from time to time. Life is really busy and fast. Sometimes it’s hard to find a moment to stop and look back as we became obsessed by looking forward and only forward. But if we only look forward, we’ll never know how far we’ve come!

So take it easy and try to sit and reflect whenever you can. Everything in life is meant to send us a message or a signal that will for sure guide us and help us through the adventure of life.

-----------

That was today’s / September recap!

I tried to touch on the points that I reflected upon the most!

I had so much fun emptying my mind and heart a little bit!

I hope you have fun reading this as much as I had fun writing it!

Until next time, stay healthy and safe!

Ba-bye!!

Please like my Facebook page for updates:

   https://www.facebook.com/RandaPerceivesBlog/

 


Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

24 Lessons in 24 Years 💛

"Nevertheless,..." is the reason why I am single by choice … (a kinda deep analysis)

Ramadan Routine [Quarantine Edition]